Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2003 7:07:55 AM EDT
DELETED : This post not intened to start an argument.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:21:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I could be wrong, but the arrogant, self-assured tone of this post, as well as the presumptiveness of the proposed "brain-'em" tactic, leads me to suspect this is "Hardin" or "Gunkid," a person who likes to bait others into arguments.

Those who know this person know not to waste their time.  Those who don't have experience with this person are forewarned not to waste their time.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 8:05:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 8:52:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Please accept my humble apology.

In the past, on several discussion boards, the person I mentioned, frequently promoted head shots.  Being an arrogant braggart who touted his amazing skills with firearms, "brain 'em" was a tactic and term he used frequently.

...well it was not intened to sound that way but what is there that would cause an argument? I didn't attack anyone...
View Quote
"Hardin/gunkid's" modus operandi would be to post a controversial topic, and then attack all who disagreed with him afterward.

I'd intended to reply to your post, pointing out the presumptiveness of your proposed tactic, but the more I thought about it the more I became convinced you were indeed "Hardin."

I don't know if you've ever been in combat or how close your training has come to simulating the physical stresses of battle.  However, in my experience, just clearing a house causes me to overheat and breathe hard (even when I'm not performing vigorous physical activity).  This effect increases (for me at least), when I'm moving into and out of odd positions (kneeling, moving while kneeling [pieing], crouching, duckwalking, etc.) to take advantage of whatever cover and concealment there is as I move.

You cannot predict what activity you might be engaged in before you have to take the shot, nor can you predict the environmental conditions in which the shot must be taken.  In many situations placing a bullet into an adversary's torso is going to be a challenge.

I suggest performing jumping jacks for about two consecutive minutes and immediately afterward test your marksmanship.

Try shooting from uneven ground (stairs, side of hill, etc.), or unstable ground (loose gravel, dew-covered grass, etc.), with the position of your strong and weak side feet reversed from your "normal" shooting platform stance.

Try shooting a head-sized, helium-filled, floating latex balloon that's tied to a string at 100 yards in daylight and low-light conditions. (Speaking of lighting conditions, hopefully you won't have to take the shot in the periods of dawn and dusk, when the sun is just above the horizon and backlighting your target.)

And finally, don't underestimate your foe.  I train with the belief that any adversary I encounter is at least as good as I like to think I am.  Expect him/her to be trying to out-maneuver and shoot you with as much effort and skill as you are trying to out-maneuver and shoot him.

This is why its important to have a toolbox of tactics, so when the job calls for a certain tool you have it.

How does that saying go?  If all you have is a hammer, then every problem looks like a nail.

Something to think about.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 9:05:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 9:12:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I guess that sums it up and we are in agreement...
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 9:25:12 AM EDT
[#6]
...I don't even know who Hardin is. I don't even post very often because people seem to attack you every chance they get...
View Quote
Hopefully you'll never have to encounter this person.

Please don't let my first reply to your post discourage you from participating in discussions in the future.  (I tried searching for previous posts made by you before I posted, but the search feature doesn't allow one to search by username, and in another thread in this forum that listed you as the last poster, your post was nowhere to be found.)

The more we talk and debate, the more we learn.  There are times when I've disagreed with an idea, and through further discussion (sometimes heated) the poster's idea was clarified and better understood.  I may have been converted into a believer or I may have still disagreed or further yet, the discussion may have compelled me to think outside the box and the experience led me to a better idea.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:52:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The more we talk and debate, the more we learn.  There are times when I've disagreed with an idea, and through further discussion (sometimes heated) the poster's idea was clarified and better understood.  I may have been converted into a believer or I may have still disagreed or further yet, the discussion may have compelled me to think outside the box and the experience led me to a better idea.
View Quote

Glad to see you here Mr. Dodson!

*Tatjana is a Firearms Tactical fan*
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome aboard Shawn. This place just continues to get better and better. Glad to see that you and Doc are now regularly posting here as well.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 6:49:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Mr. Dodson:

Nice to see you around here.  Your knowledge and experience will be greatly appreciated around here!
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Tatjana:

Glad to participate.  Shawn Dodson is a fan of B&T Ammolabs.  You do outstanding work.

Charging-Handle and Urbankaos04:

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top