Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2003 12:01:27 AM EDT
I have recently noticed some new ammo for sale at ammoman.com.  It is Winchester, comes in stripper clips and bandoleers.  Seems to be more expensive than more current Lake City.  Both types are 55gr.

Are they the same?  Worth the price difference?
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 1:56:53 AM EDT
[#1]
They should be functionally identical. Decide for yourself if the cans, clips and bandoleers are worth the extra money.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 10:57:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Kinda what I thought you would say.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:45:04 AM EDT
[#3]
You can make your own decsion if you like what you get for the price but I can tell you ammoman handles his business very well. I just got some of the WCC 87. Sent money order last Thursday, arrived Saturday. Ammoman was closed for the holiday weekend. Tuesday morning I got an email with UPS tracking number and Wednesday it was delivered. Picked it up Thursday, exaclty as described, good communication, super fast service. Not a thing to complain about.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:40:58 PM EDT
[#4]
The stuff he is selling is also real military surplus ammo.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 11:00:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I have no doubts ammoman is "The Man".  I hear nothing but excellent things about him and his business, which is why I ordered 10 mags from him last week.  It was my first time doing business with his company and I'll definately be returning for a future ammo purchase.

My question was soley about the ammo.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I recently purchased an 840 rd can of this same stuff, WCC87K001-002 in bandoleers, at a local gun show from a dealer in Ohio for $165 cash and carry.
His story was that another wholesaler recently got 2 pallets of this into the country, not much of it around.
I have not fired any of it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 7:06:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Jaycee

Let us now how that stuff shoots, when you get a chance... Getting some ammo next week and I'm mighty tempted.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Shot up about 150 rounds of this ammo.  Works fine, no problems.  Bandoleers are kinda cool but not too helpful at the range.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Moot point: Ammoman's no longer listing the WCC87 ammo.  I'm glad I got my 2 cans.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top