Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/1/2003 7:01:06 PM EDT
I cant get the ammunition FAQ to open, so if this has been covered before, my apologies.  Natchez has this stuff on sale for $6.58/50 for the 55 fmj, and I was wondering what the quality is and how it compares to other available ammo.  Thanks for your input/feedback.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=166820&w=searchPop

Its the link to "my m4gery freakin explodes".

I think the general opinion is that the cartridge experienced case head separation.  I guess this could come with ANY remanufactured ammo, but as it turns out, this was Ultramax ammo.  Makes me think twice about reman. ammo.

--Dan
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 9:14:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Its very good stuff...Ive never had any problems with it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:16:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I just shot up the last of my UMax yesterday. Great plinking ammo IMHO. I've shot up 200 rounds of it to date with no problem. $6.58 / 50 is a pretty good deal. Best I could find was $9.99 / 50 at Galyans (certainly no bargain).
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 8:41:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I freaking LOVE their 55gr. Nosler BT load.  3/4 MOA groups all day long.

Yes, a case-head separation can happen with ANY remanufactured ammo.  You pays your money and you takes your chances.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I freaking LOVE their 55gr. Nosler BT load.  3/4 MOA groups all day long.

Yes, a case-head separation can happen with ANY remanufactured ammo.  You pays your money and you takes your chances.
View Quote

Have you ever cronographed the load?
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#6]
No, but I plan to.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Never had a problem with it though I've only shot a couple of hundred rounds.  Accurate as any other remanufactured product, and nice and shiney to boot!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#8]
has anyone els had any problems with this ammo besides dangus?
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#9]
It wasn't me who had the problem, I just put up the link to the discussion.  I have shot lots of Ultramax and it seems ok to me.

--Dan
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top