Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2003 11:40:40 PM EDT
For those of you like me that don't have the cash to buy a 1000 round case every time we need a little bit of ammo, here's a good spot.

WWW.cheaperthandirt.com

I'm sure you've all heard of them but the have a good sale till 10/12
Lake City 55gr.             $3.55 / 20
Winchester (Q3131A) 55gr.   $3.69 / 20
Silver Bear  62gr.          $2.89 / 20

Orlite used 30 rounders are $10.00.

BTW Has anyone used the silver bear stuff?  I've had bad expieriences with russian stuff before, but have not yet tried them?

Who am I?...
"...andkeepem in the ten ring."

Link Posted: 8/29/2003 12:29:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Wolf runs better in my guns than silver bear.  kept on ripping off case heads and doing other MAJOR FTExtract.  This was in a chrome bbl btw.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:44:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
BTW Has anyone used the silver bear stuff?  I've had bad expieriences with russian stuff before, but have not yet tried them?
View Quote

Sure, shot about 500 rounds now.  Works GREAT in my DPMS non-crome barrel.  Only problem is, I have to remove the red sealant around the neck/bullet before using it to keep it from sticking in my chamber.  The new Wolf ammo doesn't have this sealant so I switched to that for plinking.  Silver Bear wrote me and says they will soon be dropping the red sealant also.  I'll keep my eyes open.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 9:11:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I use wolf exentisvely with no problems.  I cannot say the same of silverbear.  I tried one case and was getting serious fail to feed jams with the blunt nose of the bullet jamming on or just below my feed ramps.  For now I stick with Wolf.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 9:18:25 AM EDT
[#4]
As an old "YY" status CTD customer, just had to mention that although ya order 1 box or a case they have an "Ammo Charge" now, not to mention the shipping cost of a 1000 round case is high.

I have stopped mail ordering anything from them over their new policies, and suggest doing what I did on my way to NM this year for vacation. [b]Stop by in person[/b], as their pricing is great, but their shipping rates and ammo charges suck.....

Mike
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 9:41:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Where have you been boy ?

Check out Old Guns supply in Ft Worth as well
for cheap ammo.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I use wolf exentisvely with no problems.  I cannot say the same of silverbear.  I tried one case and was getting serious fail to feed jams with the blunt nose of the bullet jamming on or just below my feed ramps.  For now I stick with Wolf.
View Quote

That was with the hollow points, right?  Had the same thing happening to me until I made my own M4 feed ramps.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top