Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2003 12:39:49 PM EDT
Just wanted to pass along, what many of you already know.. I ranged some of the 223 SB SS109 that was in SG's latest shooting catlaog.  Chrono'ed at at average of 3017 FPS for 20 rounds.  Had to re-zero for the 62 grain though.  Best spread at 150 yds. (..longest available range..) 2 3/8", worst spread counting the flyer 5 1/4" on 5 shot groups.  Clean-up was standard, no hassles.  No FTF or FTE.  I like this stuff for surplus, not bad!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 8:37:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought some if this stuff a while back at a local shop. I shot some of it in my Mini 14 but quit when I kept getting failures to extract. The extractor would pull the interior shoulder of the rim right off.

I dug it back out today to do some reliability testing after doing a trigger job on my M4 copy. (Bushmaster) I got 2 rounds downrange until the extractor ripped right through the rim!

Maybe I got some with a bad batch of brass. I won't buy it again.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top