Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2003 8:54:16 PM EDT
i found a few cans of australian surplus 5.56.  made by winchester in 1987.  comes on strippers and bandolears in 840 round cans.  2 cans per crate.  marked
Q3137
WCC 87 K001-002
then the usual made for australian defense industries. yada yada yada.  

is this stuff any good? or well is it crap?

since my uppers are all NATO chamber that is not an issue.  usually winnie ammo is good stuff.  i remember the Q3131 from a couple years ago and my uppers loved it.  in fact i bought a lot of it cheap from people who had problems, i never did.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 3:05:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting, I have never heard of this ammo before. Is it the M193 or M855? Unless there was some sort of specific problem related to the batch of ammo you have, then it should perform just as standard M193 or M855 is expected to perform.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 3:35:54 AM EDT
[#2]
This should be F1 Ball if it's really Oz-contract ammo.  Cases may be NATO marked.  F1 Ball meets NATO SS109 spec (as does US M855 Ball).  Aussies bought a version of the AUG with the tight NATO twist.

Like the Brits, the Aussies carry the M16A2 as much as they can when they get into shooting wars like Timor.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#3]
just a heads up the cans i opened looked perfect.

this is the same stuff that ammoman listed on his site and in his email today.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top