Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/4/2003 6:55:51 PM EDT
Hey guys, has any of you ever shot surplus Malaysian .308 ammo?  It comes 180 rounds to a can, four rounds linked together.  It was going for around $50 a can at T&T gunnery on Long Island.  I would like to support the local shops but don't want to get inferior ammo doing so.  They had Port 200 round battlepacks, which I've used before, but they want $55 for them, way to high.  If the Malaysian stuff was decent I might just pick up a can to support the store.  
What do you guys think, about both the ammo and supporting the local shops?

Thanks for the time, Phobia out.

Ps, I think it may be time to get a membership, going on 100 posts.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I have shot maybe 1600 rounds of this without a failure to fire in an M60 machine gun.  I have at least 8 more cans somewhere, and it is reliable. Can't say anything about accuracy as I was blasting! I got it for about $150 for 4 cans of 200 linked 4:1 with tracers. For about $150/4 cans of 200 you can get Australian or about $140/1000 for the Portugese from ammunitionstore.com or Keislers, aimsurplus.com other sources, plus shipping.
[url]http://www.kieslersonline.com/product/ko_itemdetail.asp?prod=ADI308[/url]
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:25:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought some of the same type of ammo as faldoc describes and have fired it through my FAL.  It runs on a gas port setting of 6 and has been completely reliable.  I would have no problems buying more of it if I could get it for the right price.  The bullet is copper plated steel jacketed, so if that is an issue for you, look for either Aussie, SA, or British ammo, since I believe this is the only surplus ammo on the market to have all copper jackets.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:27:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top