BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/1/2003 7:16:47 AM EDT
Yes it's true.  I went in today (St. Charles MO location) and the had the Q3131A there for $2.88 a box!!!!  I picked up a case, and then the urge hit me and I ended up leaving with two a a couple of boxes of 30-30's.  Just wanted to let you guys know.  Get it while the gettin's good!  I feel like a 19 year old ammo whore.  I'd don't think I can shoot it all before I leave for basic traing in November. LOL
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:57:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Great deal if you have access to a Bass Pro Shop!  That works out to about $154 (with sales tax @ 7%) a case, which is about as good as I have seen Q3131A in a year.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 8:10:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Is just at the stores, or can you order it at that price?
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 8:13:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I wish I had a Bass Pro near me. [>Q]
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 8:13:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I already called, it's in store only. [>Q]
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 9:09:45 AM EDT
[#5]
It also varies by geographical location. The Bass Pro Shop in Houston doesn't have it on sale, but he said it should be in two weeks...
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 9:25:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't forget, if there is a Galyans near by, take the Bass Pro sales paper there and Galyan's will match the price plus an additional 10% off.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 10:51:00 AM EDT
[#7]
it there a galyons near st. louis?...
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 12:25:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Just got back from Bass Pro. Picked up a dozen boxes. There is a Gaylans at West County Mall (or whatever they call it now) on Manchester and 270.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 1:18:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone look at you funny when you walked out with your own skid of ammo? [:P]
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Might have to make it out there tomorrow...
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 2:09:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like a weekend trip to Memphis.  Thanks for the heads up guys.  I was wanting a few hundred more rounds.  Actually a couple thousand rounds, but funds will allow just a few hundred. [>Q]
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm ready to buy 3 f***ing cases and the bass pro shop near me had the ammo on sale--a week ago.[furious]
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Last time they had this sale, BPS had only a small supply at most stores.  Hope things are different this time.  I'll have to check if the one in IL has this sale, as I haven't got a flyer lately.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#14]
yipper, i got that stuff last time it came through..a lil hint... the BPS is in orlando here, i live about 2 hours away. the sale was ending that day i found out about it, and the store was closing, they sold out, but were taking rainchecks, SO...i called up and talked to the sporting goods manager and told him my dilemna, and i was about to raincheck it over the phone. Well a couple weeks go by and im having relatives coming to visit and they are passing by the BPS (its right off major hi-way) so i had them pick up my order for me.[:)]

so thats my story and im sticking to it.
oh btw the stuff is the Q3131 and is nice stuff.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I live in St. Louis too, and am a whole lot closer to Galyans than Bass Pro...

Any idea where I can get the ad and go to Galyans and have them honor the price???

-David.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:59:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I sent someone over to the Bass Pro shop in Cincinnati and their sale doesn't begin until August 9th.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I went to BPS in Auburn Hills MI this afternoon to get some, and was told by the sales clerk that they didn't know of any sale of Q3131A and that they hadn't had any in stock for over 4 months.  I did find 3 boxes in the back of the shelve for $3.99 and I snatched those up.

Link Posted: 8/2/2003 4:12:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I went in the one in Springfield MO thursday thurs and they were 3.99 a box there so I passed on it.  I've got some SA battlepacks that will last me awhile, but is this where you were talking about with the ST charles store?  I've got a couple of buddies looking for some but we are 2 hours from Springfield, and unless they bought a HUGE quantity, the drive would cost more than the savings
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Vm69, yes it is the St. Charles store that has it for sale.  The sales ends the 10th or the 12th i believe.  Sorry they haven't had the same sale at the other Bass pro's guys, I was hoping they would so we could all get the deal.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey Klutz,

I called the store today. They're about an hour away from me so I didn't want to spin my wheels for nothing. The guy at the gun counter I talked to thought the stuff would be going on sale around August 15. I didn't mention Q3131 specifically, but I'm going to swing up there that weekend to see if there's any there. If you haven't bought it all already ; )

jim
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 6:23:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I went to the BPS in Grapevine TX, got a case for my stock pile.  Ready to go to the range now,[snoopy]

Link Posted: 8/2/2003 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#22]
If anyone is going to St. Charles BPS, better hurry, I just bought half what they had on the shelves.  I asked for a unopened case and the guy looked in back but couldn't find any, so I guess that's all they got in.

I bet I looked pretty funny putting 75 boxes in my basket...
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 7:02:59 AM EDT
[#23]
My four year old daughter loves that big white catfish in the aquarium.

Graf & Sons is just North of the St. Charles BPS,  they have some good deals on reloading stuff and ammo too.

Link Posted: 8/3/2003 6:02:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Just a few miles down the road from the St. Charles Bass Pro, Dunn's has the same Q3131A for 2.99/20rd box.
Bass Pro also had the 50rd value [email protected] per.
Good luck
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:23:20 AM EDT
[#25]
My buudy and I each got 1000 rounds at the Nashville store.  They had UMC on sale alos but no one was touching it!  The best part is it is a "job expense" for me so I get to deduct it on the old taxes!
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:58:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hey Klutz,

I called the store today. They're about an hour away from me so I didn't want to spin my wheels for nothing. The guy at the gun counter I talked to thought the stuff would be going on sale around August 15. I didn't mention Q3131 specifically, but I'm going to swing up there that weekend to see if there's any there. If you haven't bought it all already ; )

jim
View Quote

Macman,Thanks for the info.  I live in the Flint area and work in Clarkston, thich is about 5 miles from BPS.  I will have to check in out in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:59:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Double posted, ohwhatajerkiam.[:(]
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 2:40:04 PM EDT
[#28]
The sale in cincinnati starts on the ninth, but they have a ten box limit, crap.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:23:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Ater ten box limit how much is a box?  I'm in Independence (extreme northern KY) and only 1.5 hours from the BPS.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 10:14:07 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't know, call them.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#31]
I put the hurt on the Orlando store last Saturday.

....but it doesn't hurt to know the manager.  [:D]
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 12:24:28 PM EDT
[#32]
For those of you os St. Louis, Dunn's doesn't have the Q3131A stuff.  They are selling the other USA boxes marked 223 Remmington.  These are not the same.  The Q3131A is marked 5.56 and is made in Israel.  It's a little hotter and has crimped primers.  From what I hear on the board it is more reliable as well.  So you'd be better off going to BPS and getting the good stuff for $2.88 than going to Dunn's for $2.99 boxes.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#33]
The Store near Chicago (Gurnee) said it is not on sale and there are no plans for it to go on sale it is $3.99/box.  I hope he is wrong.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Bass Pro in Concord, NC (Exit 49 on I-85,near Charlotte)has it on sale through August 10th.
Although I think I put a dent in their inventory of it tonight...[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#35]
This is the same reply I got when I called "Gurnee" BPS from the guy at the gun dept.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This is the same reply I got when I called "Gurnee" BPS from the guy at the gun dept.
View Quote

So far everytime ARFCOM people say that BPS has it on sale for $2.88/box I say WhOOO Boy then I drive or call and a big waste of time $3.99/box period.  WTF its Chicago
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 4:36:24 AM EDT
[#37]
What brand is this? Q3131A? Sorry, I am a newb to AR-15's.

Oh, I beleive one guy went to the store in Grapevine,TX. How was the stock of this stuff there? Do you happen to know when the sale ends? Just needing to find out because my wife's parents are headed down there this weekend and her father will have to stop there anyway.

I can't wait till our OKC,OK store opens! [bounce]
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 4:54:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Chad, this is Winchester ammo manufactured in Israel for Winchester.
You can always call the BPS and ask about the sale. The BPS nearest me is running it through Aug. 10th.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 2:54:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Well, I just called the new store in Savannah, GA looking for 30mm low mount rings.  Of course, they did not have them.  I asked them if they sold AR style rifles.  He said no, because they focus mainly on hunting.  I asked if they sold Mini-14s.  He said yes.  I asked him what you could hunt with a Mini that you could not hunt with an AR.  Of course, he had no answer and asked me why I compared them.  I told him they were both semiautomatic, magazine fed, .223 caliber rifles and asked him why they sold one but not the other.  He reiterated that it was because that they focus on hunting.  I informed him, again, that they function the same and fire the same caliber ammo, but it was all politically correct garbage that dealt with cosmetics and nothing else.  I got their corporate number and will be calling the HQ tommorrow.  I am tired of this crap.

Needless to say, they will not get one penny from me.

As for ammunition, you guys should try [url]www.georgia-arms.com[/url].  I have used nothing else for years.  Great prices and good ammo, not surplus.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 2:56:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ask your manager friend why they sell Minis, but not ARs.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 1:23:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Ask your manager friend why they sell Minis, but not ARs.
View Quote

You already know the answer to that one.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 5:54:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I asked them if they sold AR style rifles.  He said no, because they focus mainly on hunting.  I asked if they sold Mini-14s.  He said yes.  I asked him what you could hunt with a Mini that you could not hunt with an AR.  Of course, he had no answer and asked me why I compared them.  I told him they were both semiautomatic, magazine fed, .223 caliber rifles and asked him why they sold one but not the other.  He reiterated that it was because that they focus on hunting.  I informed him, again, that they function the same and fire the same caliber ammo, but it was all politically correct garbage that dealt with cosmetics and nothing else.  I got their corporate number and will be calling the HQ tomorrow.  I am tired of this crap.
View Quote

It is the same reason that you can't shoot "para-military" weapons at targets with a head or arms on it.

I once asked if I could shoot my 1911 and Garand at the range.  I was told that I could.  I then asked about my AR.  The RO said no.  I asked what the difference was between the Garand and AR was since they were both military rifles. The RO said that the AR shot a "more powerful bullet" than the Garand.

I had to leave before I busted out laughing.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#43]
I guess the Cincinnati BPS forgot about their ten box limit while I was there.  I got way over ten boxes with no price change or funny looks.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I once asked if I could shoot my 1911 and Garand at the range.  I was told that I could.  I then asked about my AR.  The RO said no.  I asked what the difference was between the Garand and AR was since they were both military rifles. The RO said that the AR shot a "more powerful bullet" than the Garand.

View Quote
You've got to be kidding.  Someone that stupid has no business being an RO.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:13:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote
You've got to be kidding.  Someone that stupid has no business being an RO.
View Quote

I kid you not.  I guess they needed a warm body in the RO position (brains optional)
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 3:56:38 PM EDT
[#46]
I went to the local chain and asked if they would pricematch Bass Pro.  They said yes, plus an additional 10% of the difference.

They called BPS, and came back and asked how many I wanted.

Their list is $4.99. After discount, $2.67+tax.

$142.52 a case.

Not bad.

(almost forgot, the clerk went through and pulled all the same lot for me...)

Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:07:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Does anyone know when the sale is at the BPS in Houston will be?  I called them and the guy didn't even know what Q3131A was and when I told him Winchester 5.56 he said he didn't have any.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#48]
There isn't a 10 box limit at the Cincinnati BPS. When I went Saturday, they had 6 unopened 1000-round cases on the shelf. They even had a sale tag in front of them that read something like "1000 rounds .223, $144". My buddy and I bought 4 cases.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Does anyone know when the sale is at the BPS in Houston will be?  I called them and the guy didn't even know what Q3131A was and when I told him Winchester 5.56 he said he didn't have any.
View Quote

I *think* it's this weekend. I called when the original thread was posted, and the salesguy indicated that they would have a sale on the weekend of the 16th. He didn't know if the Q3131A was included, but they do have it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks zhukov,
I plan to go on Sun...if you go before then let me know what the deal is....
later
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top