Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/1/2003 12:22:54 AM EDT
Well WWW.cheaperthandirt.com has this listed for $2.89 a box.  I would like to stock up just for plinking purposes.  Have you guys had any experience with it?  I have a Bushmaster xm-15 and tried the cheap wolf stuff but "just to see if she liked it or not".  Well she had a hicup every third round or so, they simply wouldn't eject.  I started freaking out b/c I thought it might be the gun (yes I am new to the AR thing, it's my first rifle) but i put some winchester in and it cycled flawlessly.  I'd just like to hear your thoughts on it before i decide to buy    
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:17:04 AM EDT
[#1]

That's $144.5 a case. Little on the pricey side if you can't find anything that will work and is cheaper.

Or for $30 more, you can have Q3131A or LC.

Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:37:15 AM EDT
[#2]
It's not worth $2.89 a box if you can get it from AIM surplus or ammunitionstore.com for $2.40/box. They sell it for $60/500.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 6:54:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I have just put 200 rounds of wolf .223 fmj 62gr through my AR with no problem.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:13:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm. maybe the 62 grain stuff works better than the 55 gr fmj.  Won't be buying it anyway though.  Just got Q3131A from bass pro for $2.88!!! a box.  Couldn't believe my eyes.  Picked up two cases.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top