Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/28/2003 9:38:19 AM EDT
The latest SG shooter's catalog has listed several new offerings from PMC that I haven't seen to date. They are among the Silver line of cartridges and include loads using the following Sierra bullets:

-69 gr BTHP w/ muzzle velocity of 2900 fps = $10.97 per 20 rd box

-52 gr BTHP w/ muzzle velocity of 3200 fps = $10.47 per 20 rd box

-55 gr BTHP w/ muzzle velocity of 3044 fps = $10.47 per 20 rd box

Has anyone ever used or tested any of this ammo? I assume the velocities listed are for 24" barrels and if this is the case it would seem they are loaded a little light. How does the 69 gr load stack up to the similar offerings from Black Hills and Federal? Does it have much muzzle flash? Does it use primer sealant? If anyone could answer any of these questions about performance and quality, I would appreciate it. I might try a few boxes if it compares to some of the other loads in accuracy and performance since it is cheaper than the Federal.

Thanks,

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:05:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, I guess this stuff really is brand new as nobody seems to have used any. I guess it will be up to me to buy up some of it and give it a thorough test for accuracy, velocity (from 16" and 20" barrels), check for muzzle flash and try to determine if it reliably ignites. If I carry this out I will be sure to post the results here.

-Charging Handle
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top