Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/28/2003 6:43:37 AM EDT
Does the wolf ammo with steel cases wear out your extractor faster than brass cased ammo?
A friend of mine will not use steel cased ammo even though its a lot cheaper for plinking.
Ive used it in my guns with no ill affect.
I now have an ar-15 and was going to buy a bulk load of wolf .223, but my friend said it would wear it out faster!!!!
Any comments on this.:(
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:48:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ive used it in my guns with no ill affect.
View Quote

i think youve answered your question.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 1:27:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Even if it does wear out your extractor faster you'll save more than enough money shooting wolf to replace it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 3:34:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes. It will wear your gun out faster. You'll be shooting it a hell of a lot more than your buddy.

Meplat-
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 3:10:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I run Wolf thru everything.  Have one particular upper with 11k Wolf thru it and nothing broken.  I've had bolts crack and lugs broken shooting brass ammo but I don't blame the ammo.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top