Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2003 11:43:29 AM EDT
An ammo sales person told me this today.  Anybody heard of this?
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Federal Cartridge Company runs the LC plant now.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 12:55:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Winchester used to run the plant, but Federal is the current operator.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 3:53:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I just want to see more of it out there and at a better price.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

actually it is run  by AlliantTech Syetems (ATK) that is Federal Cartridge's parent company
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 5:00:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

actually it is run  by AlliantTech Syetems (ATK) that is Federal Cartridge's parent company
View Quote

I bow to your superior knowledge.[:)]
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 1:37:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually, it's run by Al Qaeda.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I bow to your superior knowledge.[:)]
View Quote

I live about 3 blocks from Federal  and a lot of my neighbors work there, also I am a former Allianttech employee, but Bill Klinton ended that with the moritorium on land mines
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:30:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Up to the early '80s, Lake City was run by DuPont and the ammo was loaded with IMR stick powder. In the mid '80s, Winchester took over operations by bidding lower to operate the plant and used their ball powder. They bid low by eliminating a lot of the "unnecessary" QC testing and produced crap 7.62mm M-118 Match ammo for a couple of years until MCB Quantico bitched that the ammo didn't meet minimum training requirements. Lately, Alliant/Federal took over operations and probably (just guessing) is using Reloder powder. Not sure at all about that; but, everybody that has run the place has used their own powder.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top