Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/24/2003 8:11:18 AM EDT
I read awhile back in the BLACK RIFLE BOOK about Tanks and the Cut Down CAR'S  or AR15/M16 that they kept on hand!They kept them loaed with Tracers ONLY I guess to fire from the ports of the tank!

I thought maybe a mag loaded with tracers might come in handy.
And So I keep just 30rds of M856 on hand.

Who knows if my irons fall off? LOL! Ha Ha Ha!

Link Posted: 7/24/2003 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#1]
At the very least it would look cool, and could cause some psychological impact on the target.   I.E. It would look more deadly and cause more fear.  Also has limmited incindiary properties too.  I have started a few fires on ranges with tracers in the Marines.

oh yeah, where did you get your M856?  I might want to have a few arround too.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#2]
We still use something like that, it's called an M231 Port Firing Weapon. It has an A1 upper with NO front sight. Has one setting safe-full auto. You load em up with tracers and spray and pray. [jump]

They also have a cool looking folding wire stock. The only place I've ever seen the stocks is the DPMS website.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Stove_Pipe............ For You [bounce]
http://mactec-militaryarms.com/ammo_sales.html
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 8:00:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought some WIN M855 on LINKS wich Had a Lake City Tracer/M856 every 4th round! J&G SALES I think it was Check ShotGun News?

Whats Really strange is that then WINCHESTER M855 Has No Nato Head Stamp?

Also I guess WIN dont make M856?
Thats why the Lake City M856

I think AmmoMan has some?

Make sure you match M855 with M856 and M193 with M196!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top