Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/22/2003 7:09:36 AM EDT
Got this back from Wolf today.

Original Message to Wolf:
I know a lot of people that are waiting to get some Wolf .308.  Why can't we find it anywhere to purchase?

Dear Mr. Schmidt,

WOLF expects to have .308 available in a few months.  There have been some delays, and we just want everything to be perfect for our customers.

Sincerely,

WOLF Ammo

Link Posted: 7/22/2003 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#1]
how about a price tag?
if it turns out to be as much or more than some of the surplus out there, they'll be wasting their time
unless its in the $120-130/1k range i'll be sticking with port.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
how about a price tag?
if it turns out to be as much or more than some of the surplus out there, they'll be wasting their time
unless its in the $120-130/1k range i'll be sticking with port.
View Quote

They didn't specify price (I didn't ask).  How much are you currently paying for 1k of port?
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 5:29:19 PM EDT
[#3]
port = $140-150 per/k at fun shows, also look for surplus coming in from "The land down under"
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 4:55:40 AM EDT
[#4]
i WAS paying $128/1k before shipping at sportsmans guide, but their out right now. they have indian (ive never shot it, but heard mixed reviews.) for i think $80/640rds.  they also have some santa barbara but its pretty high.
dansammo.com will have some more aussie 308 soon i hear.  i think he is taking backorders now.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 5:20:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I hope to get Wolf 308 at $99 per case or better.  I will buy enough cases until the price is $99.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:47:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i WAS paying $128/1k before shipping at sportsmans guide, but their out right now. they have indian (ive never shot it, but heard mixed reviews.) for i think $80/640rds.  they also have some santa barbara but its pretty high.
dansammo.com will have some more aussie 308 soon i hear.  i think he is taking backorders now.
View Quote

This is exactly why I can't wait for .308 like Wolf.  The surplus seems to be drying up.  You never know WHEN some place is going to get more in.  When the Wolf goes into full production we'll have a steady supply to purchase from.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 8:05:09 AM EDT
[#7]
good point.
it could serve to keep the prices of the surplus that is available down as well.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 7:00:05 AM EDT
[#8]
this is exciting news
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 4:56:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I got an e-mail from Wolf the other dayand they said the same thing...I saw a post somewhere that a guy said that he spoke with a distributor that shot some and gave it good reviews! Hopefully it will come out soon...I am anxious to see how it is. I think that $110 a case sounds fair?! How 'bout you?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top