Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/21/2003 6:08:28 PM EDT
I saw the igman thread was locked because this was posted elsewhere but I can't find it.

We just want to know if this stuff is any good?.

I am getting confused here.

Steve
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Steve, dont get confused, it's just that it seems every week someone starts asking about Igman ammo.  I think that it is very similiar to the Hotshot ammo that also comes from Bosnia.  For whatever reason, Igman puts a black tip on top of there SS109 round, instead of a green tip.  Probably so people can try to sell "real AP" at really high prices.  I've never shot the Igman, but I have put around 400 rounds of the Hotshot thru my BM M4 without a hiccup.  It seems to group pretty well and have decent velocity, but it does shoot alittle dirty compared to some other stuff I've shot.  Hope this helps, you may want to check the ammo review thread, they might have some more info there.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 2:25:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks phobia, I was just wondering what was up. I am going to try to stick with Federal XM193 for now,it works good for me and it is clean and it is made in America which I don't see much of anymore.

Steve

Link Posted: 7/22/2003 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hey Steve, dont get confused, it's just that it seems every week someone starts asking about Igman ammo.  I think that it is very similiar to the Hotshot ammo that also comes from Bosnia.
View Quote

It is exactly the same; check the headstamps.
Different paint for different markets; the black is their military type, the green is so Americans understand what it is.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 2:11:30 PM EDT
[#4]
 From recent experience, the Hotshot brass isn't all that good for reloading.  The flash hole seems to be very small and breaks the decapping pin or catches and pulls out the pin.  It did this to both my RCBS and Lee dies.

mm
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
 From recent experience, the Hotshot brass isn't all that good for reloading.  The flash hole seems to be very small and breaks the decapping pin or catches and pulls out the pin.  It did this to both my RCBS and Lee dies.

mm
View Quote

Yep, I lost a couple decapping stems too. (Slow learner).  If you used a flash-hole uniformer it would be fine, but I am not sure that it would be worht the effort, with brass so plentiful and cheap.

My 12 yo son broke the first one and was devastated; he was sure it was his fault.
Till I broke the next one.
;)
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

mm
View Quote

That's nice, but how did it SHOOT? [;D]

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

~ s0ulzer0
View Quote

All 20 rds I fired went bang.  All 20 hit IDPA silhouette targets from 25-40 yds.  Sorry I couldn't be more helpful with specifics, the range I normally go to has 8 large pistol bays and the rifle range wasn't in useable condition from recent rains....although they don't mind bump firing and I can pretty much shoot any ammo type there.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

mm
View Quote

~ s0ulzer0
View Quote

Chrono results here:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=166109

Sounds like they are in line with true M855 according to the specs on the Ammo Oracle.  Accuracy was better than economy ammo, pretty nice.

Larry

[edited to add]
The Hotshot "blacktip" is the Igman in the white box.  Different lots account for the slight variation in velocities.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the data Ohio!

~ s0ulzer0
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top