Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2003 7:41:28 PM EDT
I am presently using IMI 5.56 M-193 ammo.  I am very pleased with the IMI performance, but am curious about the demilled Lake City ammo.  How does it compare to the IMI product and what are your impressions?
Thanks to all who reply.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I am of the opinion that fresh new production ammo such as your IMI is a better choice than either surplus or de-milled (reprocessed would be a better term). However, if the ammo is loaded by Talon, it should be pretty good stuff. I heard a few problems with Talon initially, but it seems lately that everyone is really pleased with it. Some of their tracer loads may work well or not so well though, depending on the age of the bullet. Sometimes when it gets really old, the tracer compound won't light very efficiently.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 5:52:37 AM EDT
[#2]
If, by chance, you are referring to the ammo that is on Gunbroker by ammotogo, it is very nice range ammo.  It is Talon.  Very consistent and clean.  Saves a little money over some others.  I picked up 1000 rds of it, will order another 1000 when what I have runs low.  Comes loose in a bag-in-box, so have a decent movie and your stripper clips handy and load away in front of the TV.
Not that it makes a functional difference, but the brass is very clean and bright.

Hope this helps.

The Man in Tan
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 10:12:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  I saw it in GunBroker and wondered if it was too good to be true.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 7:46:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If, by chance, you are referring to the ammo that is on Gunbroker by ammotogo, it is very nice range ammo.  It is Talon.  Very consistent and clean.  Saves a little money over some others.  I picked up 1000 rds of it, will order another 1000 when what I have runs low.  Comes loose in a bag-in-box, so have a decent movie and your stripper clips handy and load away in front of the TV.
Not that it makes a functional difference, but the brass is very clean and bright.

Hope this helps.

The Man in Tan
View Quote

I bought 1000 rounds of 55grn soft points from him for hunting.  GREAT STUFF.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top