Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/10/2003 1:07:08 PM EDT
Hi guys, I saw a 300 rd SA brown battlepack up for auction last week and wanted to know if it was a new production battlepack or the awesome surplus pack.  This is what it said on the label:

300 rd
5.56 x 45mm
Ball M1a3
.CTN
672   A   872

I rember seeing something about some new production SA ammo that was put in brown plastic battlepack but was not nearly as hot as the old stuff.  

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 11:55:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, that is true SA Milsurp, made in '87, Excellent ammo.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 8:46:10 AM EDT
[#2]
M1A3 is all late '80s production.  M1A4 is later production.

Other than that I've no additional data on the differences between M1A2, M1A3, and M1A4 ammo, it just seems to indicate the general age of the ammo.

Newer chronographs to M193 spec.  Old M1A2 was slightly out of spec for velocity range.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome guys, thanks alot.  I had a few of the old battlepacks but just couldn't remember what the markings were on them.  I loved the stuff, you could really tell the difference when firing it compared to some of the other ammo I  shot, like the Radway Green SS109 and the Olympic SS109, alot more pop.

Again thanks guys, now I hope I can find it again.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I have not had any problems with it so far... no jams.  The only thing that I had was the point of impact was a little high (vs. XM193 & Q3131A) and to the right from my AR15 SP1 1:12 twist but hey it could have been me that day. [whacko]

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top