Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/8/2003 9:08:40 PM EDT
Well, after giving away my Radway-Green ammo to anyome at the range who had an AR with a 16" or shorter barrel, a solution to my short cycling problem finally dawned on me.  The RG SS109 simply does not not like my Bushmaster with a 20" barrel -- lots of short cycle problems.  Realizing that this stuff is notoriously underpowered from the ammo FAQ, I decided to go exploring on the Wolff Springs web site to see if they carried a reduced power action spring for ARs.  Well, they do.  I bought one, installed it in my AR, popped in a 30-round mag and started firing.  Not one problem for 60-rounds!  So, before you give that stuff away, invest a few bucks into a new spring.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:12:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems like a nice trick, and almost obvious. Has anyone tried this before? Any possible adverse effects? So long as the shooter remembers to switch to full-strength springs when shooting M855 or M193, I would imagine it should be OK.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 1:27:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I would have tried 5-10 minutes in a vibratory tumbler. It tends to make the powder grain size slightly smaller and the rounds hotter.

(Be careful doing it. It's real easy to have a kaboom)

fat fingers + small kbd
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top