Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2003 7:03:31 AM EDT
I have finally gotten around to installing Acrobat on my system, and if there is enough interest, I can offer some PDF's of some of his articles. They were sent to me directly by Dr. Fackler during some correspondence I had with him back in 1991. I have the following articles (in no particular order):

1) "A reconsideration of the Wounding Mechanism of Very High Velocity Projectiles - Importance of Projectile Shape", The Journal of Trauma, Vol. 28, No.1

2) "Wounding Potential of the Russian AK-74 Assault Rifle", The Journal of Trauma, Vol. 24, No.3

3) "Effects of Small Arms on the Human Body", Proceedings of the 11th International Symposium on Ballistics, Volume III.

4) "Ordnance Gelatin for Ballistic Studies", The American Journal of Forensic Medicine and Pathology, 9(3).

5) "ACR candidates: assessing their wounding potential", International defense review, 8/1989.

6) "Wounding patterns of military rifle bullets", International Defense REview, 1/1989.

7) "Wounding Mechanism of Projectiles Striking at More than 1.5km/sec", The Journal of Trauma, Vol. 26, No.3

8) "Bullet Fragmentation: A Major Cause of Tissue Disruption", The Journal of Trauma, Vol.24, No.1

9) "Ballistic Injury", Annals of Emergency Medicine, 15:12 December 1986

10) "The ideal police bullet", Internal Security & Co-In supplement to IDR 11/1990.

11) "Applied Wound Ballistics: What's New and What's True", Journal of Trauma, 1990

12) "Theodore Kocker and the Scientific Foundation of Wound Ballistics", Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics, Vol. 172, 2/1991

13) "Performance of the Winchester 9mm 147 Grain Subsonic Jacketed Hollow Point Bullet in Human Tissue and Tissue Simulant", International Wound Ballisitics Review, Vol.1, 1991 (written by Eugene Wolberg)

14) "The Shockwave Myth", IWBA, Vol.1, 1991

Please let me know which, if any, are of interest. I'll figure out where to host them or I can e-mail the PDFs. I don't want to have to scan them all in if some are of no interest to anyone.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:14:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Which do you recomend?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:54:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I would read them all. Maybe you just do one at a time until you eventually get them all done.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 8:18:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Why don't you ost them all, one at a time.

I see a few that would be interesting reading.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I've read 1,2,6,7,8 and 12.  All excellent.  However, I would be interested in all of them in PDF format and they all look like great articles--very informative and no BS.  They should be required reading for anyone interested in terminal ballistics.  You could do it one at a time like obershutze916
suggested.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I would read them all.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm interested in all of them. As Troy stated, particularly numbers 1,2,3, and 11.

Thanks alot for the offer!
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 8:49:29 PM EDT
[#8]
If Troy is interested, then I'm interested. Post 'em.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 4:45:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Zhukov,

By all means, please post (or provide link to PDF files of articles)!! Accurate, scientific wound ballistic data is rare, especially from Fackler himself. There are tons of "junk science" wound ballistics articles out there, but very rarely do we see data available to us not directly in the forensic/military/police world. In advance,THANKS!!!
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 6:51:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Alright - I'll do them all. I guess I should have known better than to offer them all. It'll take a while before I'm done with them all, and then I need to find a place to host them. I'm almost down to zilch on my website, so I'll have to find another place...
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 9:27:19 AM EDT
[#11]
How big are they?  Could they be split up and emailed?  Or would AR15.Com host them?
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#12]
All please. Superb no B.S.writing is scarce. this is a treasure trove.

Meplat-
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Alright - I'll do them all. I guess I should have known better than to offer them all. It'll take a while before I'm done with them all, and then I need to find a place to host them. I'm almost down to zilch on my website, so I'll have to find another place...
View Quote

I e-mailed Brouhaha about this, and he said he would host them.  Just send them to him.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 2:46:22 PM EDT
[#14]
This would be great! - I would like to read them all.

Thanks,
Steve
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#15]
They're all done. Unfortunately, the total size is just under 18MB for all 14 documents. The problem is that some pages had to be scanned grayscale to convey the information contained in pictures, so they kind of ballooned up in some cases.

It turns out that JPG's would have been smaller, but then I would have had to mess with a bunch of individual files for each article, and that's too much of a pain in the butt.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top