Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2003 5:34:36 PM EDT
OK, I just finished reading the ammo oracle and I got an education.I still have a question(if I overlooked this at ammo oracle forgive me).My Bushmaster is marked 5.56 and thats what I have been running thru it.If I go to Wal-Mart and pick up a box of American Eagle .223 what should I expect performance wise.Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 7:28:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe 50-150 fps less velocity with 223. Depends on how hot the ammo manufacture loaded it. Put some over a chrono.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:52:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Not to be a prick, but if you go to Walmart you'll get either UMC or Winchester 55gr FMJ (for the cheap plinking stuff). Either one will give about 3000fps out of a 20" barrel. That's what I have been getting with them out of my Bushie. Q3131a gives me a full 3250-3275 fps.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top