Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#1]
sum ppl shouldnt what?? ask a question about ammo and rifles?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:37:46 PM EDT
[#2]
[lol] A .308 looks the same size as an 8mm.

Shall we suggest glasses?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:54:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
sum ppl shouldnt what?? ask a question about ammo and rifles?
View Quote

You can not tell me that is not one of the most stupid questions you could ask.  If you have any interest in firearms and have spent any time at shows or a forum this question is absolutely incredable.

I have been selling at shows for 11 years now.  I have had so many stupid questions (had a guy hit me when I tried to convince him that 9mm Lugar was the same as 9mm Parabellum), but this question is bad.  It shows no knowledge of history or firearms.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like a reasonable question to me.But then I guess I'm just not sensitive to people asking questions.Oh well.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Just assume the guy asking the question is 14 and knows very little about firearms and bullets.  I do think it is kind of odd that he thinks they (8mm vs. .308) look very similar.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I too have been asked a lot of stupid questions at gun shows. A young guy asked me once if an AR-15 could be converted to fire .50 A&E and I laughed in his face. Then I found out it could. Don't ever be afraid to ask a question, the one who supplies the correct answer didn't know the answer either at one time. If it weren't for  people's never ending need to know we'd still be eating bananas and throwing coconuts. Mikke
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:03:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I really thought it was some other 50 caliber (not A&E) where AR can be conver to w/o the need to change the bolt, Just the upper (the round should also work with regular AR mags). However, can't remember the name, need to go back to range to look it up (I work in a range and we do have a conversion kit). If possible, I would like to know how to convert to 50AE, not that I would do it, but just interest to learn.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
[lol] A .308 looks the same size as an 8mm.

Shall we suggest glasses?
View Quote

Of beers while we laugh to death? absolutely.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#9]
If the guy asking the question had a good reloading manual, he would probably have found the exact answer to his question anyway, but maybe he doesn't have a good reloading manual.

He didn't know, he asked.  Nothing wrong with that.  Think about it, 7.62mm vs. 7.92mm (8mm), the human eye can't always discern the difference at a glance.  Side by side, maybe, but not always separate.  Even the 6mm difference between the 51mm case length from the 57mm case length may be tough to discern if you see them separate and have never seen either before.  He may be very new to the sport, too.  Remember, the only stupid question is the one never asked.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:05:20 PM EDT
[#10]
also, sumthing i found out, i was lookin for sum ammo for my dads old rifle, it is a .222 remington magnum, if i handed you one of these rounds without a .223 beside it , it would be hard to tell the diff. , jus cause you know doesnt mean everyone should. also ppl are "hearing" more rumors and what not, more sources of information or mis-information, so i think ppl asking questions is fine.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:58:46 AM EDT
[#11]
On the matter of asking(stupid) questions.

I had a professor who fussed at us because we stopped asking questions.

He: You people should ask questions. It is evident you don't completely understand these concepts!

Us: You get angry at us when we do ask, and make us feel like idiots.

He: I'm very sorry. Ask what you wish.

So we did. After a few questions his smile went away, and the features of his face took on a frown.

He: My God you people are stupid!!!
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
On the matter of asking(stupid) questions.

I had a professor who fussed at us because we stopped asking questions.

He: You people should ask questions. It is evident you don't completely understand these concepts!

Us: You get angry at us when we do ask, and make us feel like idiots.

He: I'm very sorry. Ask what you wish.

So we did. After a few questions his smile went away, and the features of his face took on a frown.

He: My God you people are stupid!!!
View Quote

Oh you went to the same college as Me!

[ROFL2]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top