Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/21/2003 10:43:00 AM EDT
Hello,
 My name is keith and i admit im addicted to guns.I have been watching this fine website for a while and decided to join and admit my addiction.This has got to be the most INSANE and ADDICTIVE hobby I have had.I always seem to go crazy with any new hobby that i have but shooting is the best thing that i have done.
  A few of my relatives used to always tell me to get a firearms permit before it gets impossible to get.I put it off for a few years until I went to an indoor pistol range with some co-workers.By the time i was done shooting for an hour,I bought a S&W revolver and a Glock on layaway and ran to the police station to apply for my permits.I joined the indoor pistol range and purchased 7 more pistols within 6 months.
Then I got my first taste of shooting rifles outdoors with a local gun dealer that i bought some guns from.He is a member of an outdoor rifle,pistol,shotgun,and archy club.I went with him and a few of his guns from his shop.Next thing that you know im walking out of his shop with an sar-1 and a large gun safe.I then joined the same outdoor club and purchased a semi 22,sks,m48 mauser,.17 laminated marlin bolt action and a few others.
 Then I discovered the sacred GUN SHOWS!!!!!!1 OH MY GOD!!!! I started loading up on ammo and magazines like there was no tomorrow.I just bought a Bushmaster Varminter special at the last gun show a few weeks ago which brings me to this website.Now im bringing my own lunch to work everyday so i can pay for  putting bigger scopes and harris bipods on some of my rifles.Can you guys please tell me when the shakes stop and i can relax and just shot every once and a while.I wake up thinking of guns and how i can tighten my shot groups.
  Thanks for your ear and i look forward to reading more of your great topics,Keith
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome aboard the insane train! [beer]

You need a permit to own firearms in NM?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:49:23 AM EDT
[#2]
welcome aboard. [wave]

it is an addiction.  im glad you seem to have the cash to feed your addiction.  some of us are not as fortunate. i am [b]trying[/b] to save for my next purchase though.  [:)] i am going through some serious withdrawal.  i am gonna seek medical help soon.  [;)]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually im not from NM.I hit the wrong button.Im from New Jersey.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Actually im not from NM.I hit the wrong button.Im from New Jersey.
View Quote

Ahhhh

That explains it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Durk,
 Actually i dont have the cash for my addiction.Thats the part that is driving me crazy.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:49:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Durk,
 Actually i dont have the cash for my addiction.Thats the part that is driving me crazy.
View Quote

Well, you could aways do what the good lord tell those to do.

Share the wealth!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top