Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/9/2003 8:50:22 PM EDT
Ok I know how to load stripper clips and fill the cardboard boxes but how do you fill the four pocket bandoleers??  Any one have photos, mine just don't seem right.  Any help appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:05:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure what you are asking exactly but it should work like this:

10 rounds per Stripper Clip
3 stripper clips per card board insert
1 Carboard insert per bandoleer pocket

So you would have 120 rounds in the bandoleer.

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:31:53 AM EDT
[#2]
What the hell is the safety pin for?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:58:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I use the safety pin to attach the stripper clip guide to the bandoleer.

MM419
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attaching the spoon to the bandoleer.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:45:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I don't know how the filled cardboard boxes go into the bandoleer and if its then folded, how its folded.  It seems to me the cardboard boxes fit pretty loosely and that the fold-over flaps do not cover the boxes completely and I don't know how or if the bandoleer itself is folded or worn?

Thanks for your help.  BTW a search did not reveal any answers to these questions.

Thanks in advance.  Robert
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Your right the flaps do not cover the ammo in the pockets. To Fold it fold the bando across the flat backing and it folds in half. As to putting them in the pockets, just put em in brass up and you are fine.

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#8]
The bandoleer is also designed to hold 4 loaded 30 rd mags " a note to all the SHTF wierdos who wan't to carry alot of loaded mags ! " that is why the strippers in the cardboard fit loose in the pockets, pull the white string out.

the old 6 pouch bando will hold loaded 20 rd'rs also.

Also the bandos are folded accordian style out of the can with the strap wrapped around them...
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The bandoleer is also designed to hold 4 loaded 30 rd mags " a note to all the SHTF wierdos who wan't to carry alot of loaded mags ! " that is why the strippers in the cardboard fit loose in the pockets, pull the white string out.

the old 6 pouch bando will hold loaded 20 rd'rs also.

Also the bandos are folded accordian style out of the can with the strap wrapped around them...
View Quote

A note to all the non-SHTF weirdos: The old ones have 7 pockets. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#10]
No loaded bandoleer pics?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:12:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks Troy, I should have checked the Ammo Oracle first!  

The bandoleers just seem a little unweildy and unsecure.  I guess they are a secondary means of storage/transportation and they go in something and are not worn or used to lug ammo??
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top