Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/9/2003 6:46:43 PM EDT
I'm new to ARs and have only fed my rifle the stuff I can buy locally. Now I'm looking to jump into ordering ammo online.

As most of you know I am a minor but I've already gotten the ok to order online, Have a photo copy of my Mother's ID and her consent for any signatures.

Now I just need to find a place with minimal BS to order ammo. I tried www.ammunitionstore.com and it required mailing the form which takes a couple day and I would like to avoid that if necessary. Is there any of these ammo stores that have an online form I can fill out and just email a .jpg of the ID?

Now I realize that the printer is out of ink and that form would be out of the question for a couple days anyways.

So do any of there of the other places have a better system?

Also who has the best price, I'm not taking bulk, I'm taking per box because being in High school and having expensive hobby I don't have money in quantity. So any recommendations? The local prices are ridiculous at the only gun shop around here the ONLY ammo they had was Winchester .223 varmint loads that dad paid 10 bucks for 20.

Thanks to everyone that can help a young shooter make his life a little easier.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Cheaper Than Dirt, The Sportsman's Guide, The Ammoman. There is a bunch of other places. Try a Google search of .223 ammo. You should be able to pick up .223 Wolf for around $50. for 500 rounds if you shop around. I wouldn't pay over $2.50 a box of 20. I've seen it as high as $4.00 a box. Don't make the jerks car payment, shop around. Try gun shows in your area. You'll save shipping costs. Good luck and have fun shootin'
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:07:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Sportsmans guide or J and G sales. They dont give you any B.S.
Maybe you should get your mother to order it for you. That way all legal bases are covered.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#3]
If you can get access to a fax machine you can just send your verification form into the ammunitionstore. This was the fastest way for me. I use them and Natchez for my online orders, and everything else I buy from the local gunshow.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:16:23 PM EDT
[#4]
You don't have to send any ID or proof of age to buy ammo from [url]www.sportsmansguide.com[/url][;)]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:53:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah but just a 20 round box from them came out to be 11 almost 12 dollars after all that shipping BS.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:51:09 PM EDT
[#6]
That's why it's better to save up and buy 500 to 1000 rounds at a time. you don't notice the shipping as much. Do you have Wal-Marts by you? They have Winchester bulk packs, 40 rounds for about 7 to 8 bucks a box. Also look for UMC 20 round boxes for around $3.50 to $4.00 a box. And it's all reloadable. Some K-mart sell .223 ammo and we have Bi-Marts out here by us. And look on line for Sportsmen's Guide coupons. Helps off set the shipping costs.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:57:27 PM EDT
[#7]
And have ya tried puttin on some old cloths and messin' your hair up and standin by the freeway exits with a three legged blind dog and a sign that says will work for bullets?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:51:27 PM EDT
[#8]
hey Bang - you must take Hwy 26 in to work in the morning.

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Nope. Work off of Evergreen so I take the back roads out of Forest Grove.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top