Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/3/2003 5:30:21 PM EDT
I got my 1K Q3131A from Wholesale Hunter yesterday and when I opened the box, the ammo was discolored at the top around the neck area.  Is this normal?  I am fairly new to all of this stuff so I have no idea.  It may be completely normal, and if so, then I hope someone answers to tell me so.  Thanks for your help, hopefully I'm just worrying about nothing.

Jeremy
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#1]
It called anealing its to harden the brass like heat treating. It's fine. I mean send it to me I'll dispose of it for you.[:)]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:34:24 PM EDT
[#2]
That is normal. They don't try to make it pretty.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, could you tell me more of what it looked like?

Did it looked heat trated and rainbow colored? If so its 100% safe to shoot! They heat treat the shoulder to make it stronger.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help thus far...

It is brown at the top and towards the rest of the case it looks kinda rainbowy.  I guess it is ok then.  I am getting my FIRST AR on Friday...good to hear that my ammo will be ok to shoot on Sat. I was afraid that moisture had gotten in or something...

Thanks again

Jeremy

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#5]
[b]DO NOT FIRE THAT AMMO![/b]

Send it to me, and I will dispose of it properly and safely...[;)]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:46:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, that ammo is definately bad. It is best to send it to someone like me or Russ to dispose of safely and in an appropriate manner.

Have fun with it, the ammo is a little hot, it will definately wake of the old codgers at the range. One hell of a muzzle flash.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the offers...but I think that I'll just take care of the ammo myself...[heavy]  I wouldn't want to burden you all with it. [:D] Thanks for your help though.

Jeremy
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Breakin' in a new AR with 1000 rounds of Q3131A, now that's the way to do it! No messin' round with under powered stuff. Should be fun.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top