Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/1/2003 8:53:08 PM EDT
I currently store my bulk ammo in their origional cardboard box's inside ammo cans.  I have been thinking about taking the ammo from the box's and just dumping them loose into ammo can's.  How do you guys store your bulk ammo?  

Keep the ammo in the box's inside an ammo can or put them in loose inside an ammo can.  If I could find a good source of complete bandoler's I would probably do that.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:20:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Although you could probably get a bunch more in the can by dumping, I can think of a variety of reasons not to.  

When you grab a box you get 20.  

One mag load for a 20 rdr, or grab 3 boxes for 2 30 rdrs.  

Or you can grab a handful and put them down again or 1 at a time if using a lula device.  

If you really need to grab and go without the can, the boxes can be jammed a least one per pocket.  

Easier to put dessicant in.

And just dumping in and bouncing you get the ever present miniscule chance of the primer hitting just right on the point of a bullet.  The odds of this however are far more miniscule than that of the dreaded shtf or teotwawki in any place but California, where we have earthquakes and uprisings by deprived citzens.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:34:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I keep it in their 20 rnd. boxes. Like mentioned above it's easier to know how many rounds your goin for when you need to. Plus I think counting out 20 or 30 rounds by hand would become a quick pain in the ass for no other reason than saving some space.  Just my 2cents!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:51:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, just leave it in the boxes. In addition to the above mentioned reasons, someday you may forget what is in the cans without the identification info of the boxes. As ammo accumulates, it would be easy to get various bullet weights confused and lot numbers mixed up. Should a bad batch of ammo surface, it would be nice to know what the lot numbers are so you don't have to discard the whole can. Plus, the boxes generally help keep the ammo nice and shiny and protected.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:49:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top