Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/10/2003 9:53:59 AM EDT
Near as I can add, I running around nine cents per round. Wondering what others might be getting.
I load somewhere around 250 rounds a week.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:37:32 AM EDT
[#1]
It depends on whether you include the cost of the brass, and what bullet you use.  It ranges for me from a low of about 12¢ per round (Winchester 55gr FMJBT, CCI-450 primers, LC brass from RVOW used three times before discarding, and WCC844 powder) to about 19.5¢ per round for 55 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:40:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I've just started reloading for this caliber.  Currently my cost is 13.8 cents per round. This is based on brass @ $34/M and figuring 3 reloads per case, primers @ $17/M, bullets @ $26/M and commercial powder @ $19.50/lb.  Once I get some milsurp powder my costs will drop as the powder is currently my biggest cost factor.  The prices I quoted are the cheapest I've found so far but do not include shipping and taxes, however they are figured into the final cost figure.  Plus I had to tool up my Dillon but I didn't factor that in.
Nine cents a round sounds pretty good Deathfinger.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:41:10 AM EDT
[#3]
My cost was based on a 55gr (win) BTFMJ
No cost on brass other than tumble time which I did not account for.
Win or Federal primers
Accurate 2230 powder

This is my basic plinking round.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:26:50 PM EDT
[#4]
i reload for around .11 a round using win 55gr fmj, i buy wolf for .10 a round and use it for mostly 0-75 meter blasting. i reload all sorts of bullets so the cost goes up and down. most accuracy work i load my own with premium bullets.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:27:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Seems like I calculated about 12 to 13 cents/round using 55 gr Win FMJBT, Win SRP, and 26.5 gr of Win 748.  Last year I bought 6K of South Afrikan for 10 cents/round.  I won't load my blasting ammo when I can buy it already assembled cheaper than I can reload it for.  I do reload my coyote/crow loads though, same load with a 55 grain Nosler BT.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top