Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2003 8:53:38 AM EDT
I've been shooting Q3131A ammo for a while and just got a new upper for my rifle but it was set of .223 I'm still waiting on all the parts for it so havn't tested it yet (new bolt and charging handle). But anyway, Went to the range last weekend, and shoot 70 rounds of the USA in my rifle, shoot fine. Got home, open up rifle and all over the bolt I had peaces of the shell casing. It wasn't hard to clean, I've had problems with the bolt truning the color of the case before with other ammo, but I didn't like that there were peaces on the casing all over it. It was like somone has taken a knife and cut small peaces off the shell. I havn't been back out to the range again to see if was just a one time thing b/c of all the rain. But I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:49:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I have found the Win White box to be a little on the hot side. I have seen it blow out primers and deposit shavings. Look at a selection of spent casings for signs of over presure such as a mark where the ejector pin sits, if it is hot, it will flow the brass into the ejector port. Look for extractor marks as well.
These are the reasons I dont shoot winchester anymore.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought that Q3131 was to avoided because what you described. That should not be happening with Q3131A.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#3]
The Q3131A shoots great, I love it and its mostly what I use. But for my new upper, I don't want to use it in it. So I bought the 40 round box for $8 from wally world. I've used it in the past but bought it from gun stores. I talked to the guy I usly get my ammo from and he was saying that walmart gets 2nds in ammo? I don't know if that is true or not, but I have a few rounds left of the walmart ammo and 100 rounds of the same stuff I got from him. Going to the range tomarrmo to see what happens.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top