Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/3/2003 3:34:30 PM EDT
I went to shoot today. The range opened at 10:00 and I was first in line. I asked for a 25 yard spot. The range master at the counter said that he only had 50 yd and 100 yd. I said the reason I wanter 25 yd was to site in my new AR according to the instructions I had in the manual that came with the AR and found on this website. He said, who told you that? he was an armoror in the Army and a sniper for years and that information is bullshit. I said OK I'll take a 50yd spot. He went on and on while 6 people behind me were waiting. I just wanted to pay and go so others could be processed and shoot but it went on and on.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:29:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep reading. 25y is not good distance for best traj.. Maybe you should have asked him what he thouht if he was willing to explain. Maybe learn somthin, maybe not.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:01:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Did the guy understand that all you were doing was a basic battle sight zero?

If he was a "sniper" as he claimed to be then he would understand the concept such as point blank zero and how that relates to zeroing a rifle to be battle sight zero'd.

Yes, it can be done at 25 yards.   It should also be tested at other distances to make sure the 25yard zero is working for [I]that[/I] rifle with the loads used.    Still though, at longer ranges it's likely to fall within the an acceptable combat point blank zero out to 300-400  yards.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#3]
uh, I think you mean 25 [b]meters[/b].  The 50 [b]yards[/b] is for the [i]Improved Battle Sight Zero[/i].
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 1:48:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
uh, I think you mean 25 [b]meters[/b].  The 50 [b]yards[/b] is for the [i]Improved Battle Sight Zero[/i].
View Quote

That could definitely be, I have never used it but am somewhat familiar with what he is talking about having seen it posted more than a few times.    I've never used it because I generally use optics and dial in my elevation adjustments as needed depending on range.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 1:58:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 2:48:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I just cant stand guys like that!
he could of just said Hey I can give ya some help if you need it! And leave it at that!
Everyone Has there ways of doing things!

Dont let that Spoil your day! try agian and if he keeps up take it with a gr of salt1
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:58:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Was this in the DFW area?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top