Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2003 1:14:20 PM EDT
How can I ship loaded rounds?  Can I ship usps or does it have to be fed ex or ups?  Anything I should know? I have to ship some SA battlepacks.
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#1]
You cannot mail ammo under any circumstances.  Federal felony, man.

UPS or FedEx are your options.  I usually use UPS since they stop by often anyway; you can do the business on-line and "hand package to any driver".  They won't make a stop to pick up at a residence, but they will accept a package with an official UPS shipping label.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#2]
If i take it to ups do I tell them that there is ammo.  Do they have to inspect it? Or can box be sealed?
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 1:48:02 PM EDT
[#3]
UPS has some stupid company policy about wanting to accept ammo only from licensed distributors or gunshops.

It has to be shipped ORM/D and for whatever reason they don't trust ordinary folk to ship ammo.   If you tell them you want to ship ammo it's likely they'll give you the run around.

Anyone who hasn't run into this problem or knows precisely what a person has to do to ship ammo through UPS, hope they speak up.   I know a lot of people who've run into problems trying to ship ammo by UPS though without lying about it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#4]
UPS:

Boxed marked "Ammunition, ORM-D"

Must be in "burst proof container"

Shipped Ground Only

That is all.  Been there done that.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had no problems with UPS as well, just follow DevL's instructions
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:38:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Do I have to write ammo orm-d or do they have a sticker?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 12:22:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do I have to write ammo orm-d or do they have a sticker?
View Quote

sticker is a orange diamond

marked 1.4 s

orm-d

small arms.

the un # is : UN0012

i work for them mofos so i know :)
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:28:14 AM EDT
[#8]
JOOZY, what area of Ca. you in?

I'm in Bakersfield doing the loads for all them fools in their doo-doo browns.   Loading 3 trucks a morning right now with about 150 stops per truck handling close to 200 pieces per hour.

I mention how much I HATE my job?  Especially after it looks like I'll get passed up for a promotion to part time supervisor.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top