Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2003 8:42:16 AM EDT
Just received a 720 rnd can of SS109 from SOG.Their ad said "new production". The headstamp is RORG, 89, cross in circle. On the can is a stick on label that shows "England SS109". Please tell me this is not the underloaded Radway Green (ammo-oracle). I also bought 8mm and 303 that they advertised as non corrosive. I've identified both of those and they are both definitely corrosive. What's with SOG? I also got 1000 rnds of their Hirtenberger that they advertised as "beautiful ammo". Three of the five battlepacks had vermin holes in them and droppings inside and one of them looked like it had been dragged through the mud.The boxes look like they have been wet.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:29:10 AM EDT
[#1]
RORG =  Royal Ordnance Radway Green

Same stuff we talk about in the FAQ. [:(]

You might consider trying it out first.  Many rifles have no problems at all cycling this ammo.

Is that Hirt .308 or 5.56?  Mind if I asked what they charged for it either way?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:42:37 AM EDT
[#2]
$139.75 + shipping. It's 308
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:44:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I just checked the SOG sale paper. They are still running it for this price.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I think I will try it. I have a 24" Bushy V-Match. It may develop a little more pressure.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:43:56 PM EDT
[#5]
 Doesn't sound like I'll be ordering ANY ammo from SOG .

If your post is correct they're definately misleading people

"new production " that was made in 1989 ??
I don't think so ...  98 maybe at the latest to be called new production .
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:55:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess it relative in what's new. It's newer than my 1938 8mm ammo.  [devil]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#7]
The"beautiful non-corrosive 8mm" they sent me was made in 1937 and is definitely CORROSIVE. Have you shot any of your 1938? What's it like? Click,click,bang,click,click?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top