Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/8/2003 5:19:29 PM EDT
In reading over The Oracle, I noted that Lake City ammo is referenced as "the gold standard," and Q3131A is "a close second," perhaps even "indistinguishable."  It's noted that LC is a bit hotter than Q3131A.

Query:  By how much?  One thread on this board indicates it could be as much as 200 fps.  Is that generally consistent?  If so, I would say LC is more than a "bit" hotter.

I'm drawn to shiny things (much like a crow) and am considering Q3131A, but I don't want such a drastic performance deficit when compared to LC.

Any replies will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:32:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
One thread on this board indicates it could be as much as 200 fps.
View Quote

You must have been reading about different barrel lengths.

The difference is probably more on the order of 25fps out of the same rifle.

They are both EXCELLENT choices, and I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to choose the Q3131A.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:22:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
One thread on this board indicates it could be as much as 200 fps.
View Quote

You must have been reading about different barrel lengths.

The difference is probably more on the order of 25fps out of the same rifle.

They are both EXCELLENT choices, and I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to choose the Q3131A.
View Quote

They aren't that much different really.  I have seen 50 fps in one case, but that's not usual.  Generally the LC (if it's new) is a tad bit hotter.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top