Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2003 11:15:55 AM EDT
I was recently at a range trying out some different types of ammo that I had aquried through several sources. I 1st shot IMI M855 it was fantistic, & very accurate. Then I shot some wolf 5.56, & was frankly skeptical after all I have read, but It too shot flawlessly,& again supprisingly accurate. Then I shot , or rather tried to shoot this 5.56mm SC  20StUck brand ammo. Ouch! the name is accurate if nothing ealse. I only shot a couple boxes each of the afor mentioned brands, so it was not because of wolf shit in my chamber, but this stuff stuck about every other shot . I gave up after about 5, or 6 shots with almost as many ftc's. My upper is a DPMS M-4 16" & Ive never had any other chambering trouble with any other ammo. I dont have the tools to spec out this ammo, But I sure would like to get some info on it from a couple of you guru's. I'd even send a box to the 1st & 2nd expert to check who answers this letter "if you want it". Thanks in advance as always. The Searcher
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 11:19:54 AM EDT
[#1]
*puzzled*

I don't think I've EVER heard of this stuff.

BTW, isn't the DPMS a .223 and not a 5.56?

I'll have to see if I can find info on that ammo.  Where'd you find it?
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#2]
stUck (umlaut over the u) means Pieces or quantity in Deutsch, hence 20 Cartridges.

Probably German or Austrian.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 11:43:17 AM EDT
[#3]
BTW, what does the headstamp say?
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I just called DPMS & yes my M-4 upper is most deffenatly .223! I still never had any other ftc probs with it, but I guesse it was bound to happen. I found this Ammo at a place called Hitach inds. It's not listed on their sight. [email protected]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 12:09:24 PM EDT
[#5]
The head stamp says .233    5.56  EB and with my reading glasses, was very hard to read. P.S. it's green tip. Edited in the EB, it said 83 before I got my perscription glasses, & stopped reading it backwards! Also I wrote DPMS aletter asking why my M-4 was .223 chambered, got a reply from  someone ealse with a great chart listing DPMS as only having 5.56 chambers.
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 12:59:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Is it a plain brown cardboard box?

It is indeed Austrian HIRTENBERGER 5.56mm SS-109 62gr. Green Tip.
Haven't shot the two boxes I have so I can't say if it FTF in my Eagle. But I do remember when I bought them at a gunshow, the were advertised as being Hirtenberger.

FWIW/HTH  
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 8:42:56 AM EDT
[#7]
The writing is on a white paper label affixed to the end flap... I have access to that stuff.

It's Hirtenberger, German, supposed to be good stuff. I have a couple boxes here. Runs in my guns.

If you want to give away, I'll take them.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top