Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2003 4:25:30 PM EDT
 Any opinions on the best type of 5.56 ammunition to use on a computer?  The target would be a one-piece PowerMac with integrated monitor, possibly turned on at the time.  Also, would one of the more expensive "varmint" loads work better in a 1-9 twist for plinking the hateful one-button mice?  Inquiring minds want to know.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Use the word "tannerite" in a google search, then look for the exploding target section of that page.

Maybe something like a 40grn Vmax 223Rem.(good for 3400+fps from a 20inch barrel probably) along with a nice bit of Tannerite hidden behind the monitor, should make for an interesting "launch" when a bullet finally hits the tannerite.

Just get a good distance away, putting the tannerite behind the monitor could likely launch it towards you.   I can't wait to get some tannerite, I hear it is extremely impressive stuff.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:46:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Skip the Mac and hit a PC clone
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:13:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Skip the Mac and hit a PC clone
View Quote

I've got junker macs out the wazoo, and could at least cannibalize the clones before swiss-cheesing them.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#4]
It just doens't seem right...
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:01:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had a hard time detonating Tannerite with a 40gr. V-Max bullet.  I wasted a perfectly good target when the medium flew all over the place but didn't go off!

Winchester USA 45 gr. JHP's are the best.  Reliable detonation, and accurate to boot!
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:24:52 PM EDT
[#7]
55gr factory reloads and some 7.62x39 wolf worked here.

[url]http://www.geocities.com/optimus_84/puter.jpg[/url]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top