Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2003 1:21:09 PM EDT
On Christmas Eve I placed online ammo order from both Kieslers and Natchez.

Each order was approx. $75.00 worth of ammo, weighing about 15lbs.

Kieslers had every item in stock, charged $9.00 "frieght", and the packaged arrived on 1-3-03.

Natchez was out of stock on one item, charged $11.47 "Freight & Insurance" and $3.90 "Handling", and the package arrived on 1-7-03.

Kieslers will be getting my ammo orders from now on.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have placed 2 orders with Natchez lately. The last was for 500 rounds of FAXM193 (Lake City 223). Price was:

Item Subtotal:    $84.75
Insurance Fees:   $0.42
Shipping Cost:    $11.66
GRAND TOTAL:      $96.83

I don't know if that was the best price but I had no trouble with there service. A good practice is to call these places before placing orders.

I have not tried Kieslers.

[url]http://www.kieslersonline.com[/url]
[url]http://www.natchezss.com[/url]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#2]
    That $3.90 handling charge from Natchez is for using a credit card.  It's on their site under shipping:

"In addition please allow $3.90 handling on each credit card order."

I've used Natchez a few times and never had a problem.  I usually wait to combine small orders as that $3.90 charge is per order.  

BTW, my FFL adds 4% to anything I buy with a credit card.    
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:21:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Haven't dealt with Kiesler's yet.  They seem to have very good sale prices.
With Natchez, phone ordering with a credit card, I get my stuff in four business days.  That's pretty good as far as I'm concerned.  Have not used their online ordering though.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:53:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Guys,

Try Ammoman.com

no silly upcharges and fast delivery.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Try Ammoman.com
View Quote

I use Ammoman when the ammo is needed in just a few days as you can bet it will NOT take 2-3 for a delivery. But if there is no rush, I check other sites as his prices tend to be a bit higher than most.

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:18:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I have made many ammo purchases over the years from Natchez Shooters supply and always over the phone and never with a problem. On my last order I needed some ammo that was not in their super-sized catalogue and they got some for me and shipped it along with my order at price lower than I had found anywhere else.

That said I have no complaints with Kieslers either though I can’t say the same for Wideners.

THISISME
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:27:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Ammoman is great, but he has a pretty limited selection. Great source for bulk plinking ammo. But not the guy to go to for some other stuff.

Link Posted: 1/9/2003 5:41:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I've never bought from AmmoMan but I know everyone at AR15.com speaks highly of him. I did get a little better price with Nachez on 500 rounds of LC.

AmmoMan: $109
Natchez: $96.83
Difference: $12.17

But AmmoMan may give a better deal when moving up to a 1000 round order. It's worth taking the time to compare prices.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I've purchased ammo from Keisler's twice, and have been very satisfied with the service, speed, and price. And no driver's license required...
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:29:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I just ordered on-line from AmmoMan.com this morning. There was a shipment notice from UPS in my mailbox less than an hour later. 'Nuf Said[shock]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 6:53:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've purchased ammo from Keisler's twice, and have been very satisfied with the service, speed, and price. And no driver's license required...
View Quote

Yep, I order from Keisler's a lot - never a problem.
I would have liked to try an order from Natchez, but I live in GA and they have that stupid rule about no sales to GA, TN or AL
"Due to strong commitments with our existing dealer base within these three states"
Too bad those "dealers" don't pass the savings along......they (Natchez website) sell AE223 for $3.19 per box, local "dealer" $6.95 = BS!

I agree, use AMMOMAN or gun shows for bulk orders.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 6:59:18 AM EDT
[#12]
How is Sportsman Guide for service and prices on ammo?

Link Posted: 1/10/2003 7:06:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How is Sportsman Guide for service and prices on ammo?

View Quote

Not too bad if you slap in some coupon codes and play the join the club check out switcheroo!

AMMOMAN is better than Sportsmans Guide IMO.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 7:58:18 AM EDT
[#14]

[/quote]

Not too bad if you slap in some coupon codes and play the join the club check out switcheroo!

[/quote]

switcheroo??

i wanna play!! tell me how...
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 8:07:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

switcheroo??

i wanna play!! tell me how...
View Quote

See:
[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=100086&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Try Ammoman.com
View Quote

View Quote

That's right, no silly upcharges and fast delivery.  Ammoman's customer service is tops!
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 7:38:30 PM EDT
[#17]
You hit it on the head...read the fine print for freight, handling and credit card fees...which are in violation of the Visa/Mastercard merchant agreement..and the bottom line total is the real price delivered.
For a 100% fixed price , ammoman is pretty good. If you are in the western half of the US..the cheapest delivered ammo is at www.proload.com      UPS freight is on their website and the actual insurance is .35 per $100..with the first 100 insurance free. Some charge for that and pocket the $$$ X the number of orders per month adds up to additional profit.
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 2:34:07 PM EDT
[#18]
When was the last time Nacho's or Kessler's sent you a free case of ammo for knowing where thier sister was born. I won a free case in a Ammoman contest. Winning a  case of lake city ammo is the best thing in the world. The second best thing would be winning a case of beer. Ammoman Rules!!!!!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top