Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2003 9:31:40 AM EDT
I am reading alot about S&B ammo problems on here... this is new info to me.  I have fired thousands of rounds of S&B 45 acp through my Glock G21, Springfield 1911 and Auto Ordnance 1911 with out any problems.  Accuracy isnt spectacular but it isnt bad either 4" groups at 18 yards with the G21 been to long since I shot the other to remember. Other manuf. shoot alot better in this pistol PMC 230 grn FMJ turns in some shockingly small groups at the 15 yard line in the Glock.  I have alos fired alot of S&B slugs in my 870 with out an problems and maybe 1 or 2k rounds of their 9mm in a CZ-75 and a G19.  Am I just getting lucky or are these S&B problems alot of hoopla? No offense to anyone that posted problems with the ammo but I dont know anyone here yet.  
                                Thanks

Jonathan D.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:36:05 AM EDT
[#1]
From reading here I was under the impression that the ammo problems were only in .223 ammo from S&B.  ???
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:40:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I read several post that said they wouldnt use S&B in anything so Im just wondering, would prefer not to learn the hard way by KBing my favorite handgun.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Just about finished with 1,000 rounds I bought in the last six months with no issues.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I have never had a problem with my .223 or .45 S&B ammo
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:19:40 PM EDT
[#6]
No problems with .45 ACP S&B in my USP, though it's several years old.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 9:21:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I had to dispose of a box S&B .45ACP two Sundays ago at my local range.  Gave the ammo to the range master so that he would take care of it.  The whole box was bad.  It was a problem with the casings.  All the casings seemed to have been warped around the edge as if they had been pressed too hard when loaded.  I hadn't noticed it until I shot two and the thrid jammed so hard I had to pull on the slide with both hands to get it to open.  The guy next to me asked me to see my gun and ammo and he was the one to point it out.  I then compared the ammo to some Win USA ammo and could see the difference.  To make sure it wasn't the gun I shoot a box of Win USA and had no probs.  From know on I'll stick to Win, Rem, or Fed.    
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 9:22:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I had to dispose of a box S&B .45ACP two Sundays ago at my local range.  Gave the ammo to the range master so that he would take care of it.  The whole box was bad.  It was a problem with the casings.  All the casings seemed to have been warped around the edge as if they had been pressed too hard when loaded.  I hadn't noticed it until I shot two and the thrid jammed so hard I had to pull on the slide with both hands to get it to open.  The guy next to me asked me to see my gun and ammo and he was the one to point it out.  I then compared the ammo to some Win USA ammo and could see the difference.  To make sure it wasn't the gun I shoot a box of Win USA and had no probs.  From know on I'll stick to Win, Rem, or Fed.    
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top