Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/8/2002 6:21:20 PM EDT
Hey guys. I need to buy some cheap ammo and was wondering what is the best military surplus ammo for:

1. Accuracy?
2. Quick fragmentation?
3. Reloading?

Clint
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#1]
To my knowledge, no surplus ammo will be good for reloading because of the crimped primers. That makes things hard on reloaders. I am sure someone will correct me if mistaken.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Once the primer pocker crimp is removed, I believe Federal Lake City brass is pretty darn good, IMO.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#3]
1. IMI M193
2. Winchester Q3131A
3. SA M193

I don't do reload so I have no idea on that matter.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I've reloaded the cases from M193 and they're very nice for military cases.  Extra thick and they will reload many more times than some of the Win or Remington commercial brass I've used.  I got mine (Grade 1, unprimed) from Midway some years ago.  They're gone as of this summer, but I'm considering more.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top