Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2002 10:03:08 PM EDT
I know this has probably been asked a thousand times but I've never seen anyone give a straight answer. On the back of stripper clips, it is imprinted: "GGG. ASSY 11010483"

What does this mean and why is the number always the same? I've probably handled a few thousand of these and have only seen this number. Is it an industry contract number? Is the "GGG" affiliated with the company GG&G? What company manufactured them and are they still produced (does the military still use them)? Please explain.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 7:25:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I've come across G.G.G., A.S.L., B.R.N., P.S., and one stamped G.G.Green.  All the Brit ammo I bought came with G.G.G. stamped stripper clips.  Some of the G.G.G, all the A.S.L. and B.R.N., I've gotten from Chuck (Wu's surplus).  The stripper clip guides are also stamped, all the ones I have from Chuck are G.G.G, and the first one I ever had (given to me by a friend) is stamped A.S.L.  Probably just the "flavor of the day" with respect to the contractor at the time.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top