Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2002 2:11:54 PM EDT
anybody got any good/bad comments about the subsonic 147gr Georgia Arms ammo?  Picked up some today at a gun show to try thru a suppressed 9mm upper as the price was right and it looks good.  i hope it works good...!
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 2:38:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Ga Arms sells reloads.  This voids many new gun warranties if you use their products.

Be careful with the Ga. Arms products.  I bought several boxes of 45ACP and had sighns of excess headspace after firing.  Checked some rounds, they were over trimmed.  Ga. Arms would not stand behind their product, I threw their junk in the trash.

Hope your ammo is better than mine was.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 12:39:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have not used any of their 147 gr subsonic, but I have fired more than 10,000 rounds of GA arms ammo in different calibers and never had a single malfunction of any kind.

ARH
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 3:49:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Between me and my department we have shoot over 50,000 rds of ammo and the few bullets that were bad they stood behind their product and replaced what was bad ( only a few out of every thousand) I get the same from factory loaded speer and other brands that we shoot.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#4]
well, i'd say after shooting a couple of hundred rounds of it today, i'd have to say i'll be glad when i get it all shot up.  it is accurate and quiet enough, but the dirt and unburnt powder residue build up is not worth the savings in my opinion.  the gun has the nastiest bunch of crud buildup that i've ever encountered.  i think i'll try some of that special K from alabama ammo.  i hear good things about it....the next time i go out to shoot the ga arms, i'll try to shoot it all up so i wont have to clean the gun any more than i have to...
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top