Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/13/2002 10:24:58 PM EDT
I have the opportunity to get some CAVIM .308 ammo from a friend of mine, and was wondering if anyone here has any experiences good or bad with it. If I recall correctly, it was made in the mid to late 80s, and is in 20 round boxes. Is this stuff NATO spec, with sealed primers and bullets?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 5:28:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought some CAVIM that was 91' production and it was the most inconsistant, dirty, crappy ammo I ever bought...

The stuff I had was made in Venusuala (sp?), came packaged in 20 round green boxes with an out line of the country drawn in yellow and some spanish writting...

I would run as far as you could away from this crap...Just my .02

BTW, I was shooting it out of a DSA SA58

Link Posted: 11/14/2002 6:56:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I bought some CAVIM that was 91' production and it was the most inconsistant, dirty, crappy ammo I ever bought...

I could describe it a little more accurately with a few curse words thrown in with your description...
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 8:39:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you everyone who replied to my post. The majority rules apply here. I think I will pass on this ammo.

Thanks again.

V.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 9:35:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Anytime I've seen CAVIM for sale it had a disclaimer recommending not to use in HK firearms. CAVIM has a sticky tarlike sealant that gums up HK fluted chambers. It runs okay in FALs but YMMV.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top