Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/9/2002 10:47:21 AM EDT
Right place right time and picked up some Winchester Super-X 55 grain SP.  Box says CXP1 and X223R.

Aside from what I have read regarding SP .223 over in the ammoFAQs, what else can anyone tell me?  

Is it accurate, decent power/ velocity, any real person stopping power?  Has anyone else fired it, or currently uses it?

TIA for any and all help.
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 10:53:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 11:17:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Troy,

Thankyou, I agree and think I would take the 62-64 grain version of most ammo for my ARs.  Sometimes the price makes the difference.  In this case, I was given the ammo, which is hard to turn down.

Glad to hear it is good, is there anything else you can tell me about it?  Any limitations you would put on it?
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 4:10:21 AM EDT
[#3]
The Sheriff's department I used to work for issued that as duty ammo.  The 55 gr SP worked very well on anything I ever shot with it.

(Deer, armadillo, coyote, fox, turkey and one cow that had been hit by a truck)  
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 10:06:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Texas-AR-Fan,

Yup, it is department ammo.  Of the things we have shot, the largest was a bear, and yes, it went down and died after enough rounds.  Thankfully I wasn't there for that fiasco!

Any idea how it compares to some of the other softpoints out there?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top