Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2002 6:00:48 PM EDT
Has anyone had FTF problems using match triggers with military primers? I am interested in putting a RRA 2-stage trigger on a defensive gun to be used with M193 ball. Any experience or thoughts would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#1]
No problems with a 2 lb. JP trigger (reduced power hammer spring).  Hits were a little light on Wolf (which IIRC is on the hard side), but no FTFs.  I would think a RRA NM trigger would have a stronger spring (JP says use the stock spring for NM-legal 4.5 lb pull) so you should be OK.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#2]
what about the bushmaster nm 2stage trigger?
oz
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 12:47:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I have had light primer hits with a BM 2 stage trigger and SA ammo.  Works fine with all my other loads, to include several M193 types (Q3131, Q3131A, IMI M193, XM193).
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 3:39:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Two years ago I got a Bushmaster DCM straight from BM with their "famous" 2 stage trigger. The first 50 rounds through it were LC 88 M193 Ball. Twelve rounds did not fire due to light strikes. I replaced the hammer spring with a GI hammer spring and everything functioned fine EXCEPT that the trigger would not return if taken to the first stage (this is with a brand new rifle). Later that summer, I took it to BM at Camp Perry and Frank White (designer of BM 2  Stage Trigger and CLE) worked on it. He swapped back in a weak hammer spring. Now the first stage problem was fixed but I couldn't reliably use GI M193. Installed a Jewell trigger and never looked back.
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 5:49:53 PM EDT
[#5]

I had a similar experience to ArmyOrdGuy.

Go with the Jewell, and you will not regret it.

Cheers,
Chris
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top