Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/5/2002 8:53:01 AM EDT
Greetings from a longtime lurker / first time poster on AR15.com.

Having just ordered my first AR, along with a goodly ("starter") supply of LC M193, I'm planning to shoot some and put some away for a rainy day. Then repeat...

Having looked at all the various storage suggestions (both here and elsewhere) I'm wondering where you guys have found the best deal on 50 cal ammo cans. I know they're available pretty cheaply all over, but shipping really raises the cost.

Anybody know of a decent deal, on cans in decent shape, delivered?
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#1]
The following two places usually have them in stock at decent prices:

www.cheaperthandirt.com

www.sportsmansguide.com

But with that in mind, I would go look around an army surplus store where I could visually inspect the cans. I have ordered some before that had the rubber gaskets completely removed. If these are for long-term ammo storage you need that gasket to be intact to keep the cans sealed and hence water-proof. Without this, you would probably be as well or better off leaving the ammo in the original packaging.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#2]
MDShooter try cheaper than dirt I just ordered some from them and they have a good deal on shiping. Most places will charge you a heavy/bulky extra shipping charge
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I buy all of mine at gun shows where I can pick out the cans.  And no shipping.  If there's an Army/Navy surplus store around look there too.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top