Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2002 9:51:47 AM EDT
Have some LC XM193 that is great but less than pretty. I know you wouldn't want to polish this in a Tumbler type of machine but is it ok to do in a vibrator type?

Looks like the firing pin in an AR does alot more during chambering than loaded ammo could ever go through swimming around in some corncob in a  vibrator type polisher.

Only thing I can think of would be static but not sure if that could be a problem.

TIA for any advice
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:58:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Question has been asked several times and if I recall correctly answer was: not a good idea.

Believe something to effect of "tumbling loaded ammo might caused the powder granules to break-up leading to possible over-pressure problems".

Mike

PS - If you want it shiny, get yourself some FLITZ and an old tee-shirt and polish'em by hand while setting around watching the TV.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Hello. I use some stuff called Never Dull Magic Wadding Polish. It works really good for me.
MM419
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:56:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I have heard the recommondations against tumbling before and decided to try it for myself. I tumbled some XM193 for about an hour; checked the powder for any differences, and found none at all. It is still up to you in the end, but I don't think you will have any problems.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top