Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/2/2002 5:30:37 AM EDT
Has anybody bought any of this?  $136.97 plus shiping and handling for 1440 rounds.  I talked with a guy in the Burnsville MN PD that bought some a while ago, and he said it was great (1 in 20 were tarnished, the rest were clean).  I was wondering if it is still that good.

Thanks.

Brad
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 8:21:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully these will help a bit.  If your friend says "1/20" were tarnished, it might be a good deal.  But other people aren't having the same luck thru other companies.  Caveat Emptor.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=140138&w=searchPop

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=140321&w=searchPop
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 8:36:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 4:30:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  I appreciate the info.  

Aimless:  if you can post pics that would be great. I would like to see what it looks like.

I took my friends advice and ordered a case.  I hope I didn't make a mistake.

Brad
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Brad76, did you get your ammo in?  How is it?  I was considering buying a case but was waiting for more info on this post before i did.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 4:50:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Phred,
I received the ammo yesterday.  I had ordered the 1440 round case.  It came in a cardboard box, filled with 48 30 round boxes.  The boxes are marked "Industria Militar De Guatemala.  Lote 9, 1990".  4 of the 48 boxes were torn open.  Last night I went through 3 boxes (90 rounds total).  I had been shooting in the afternoon, so after cleaning my rifles and eating dinner, I didn't have much time left.  

Anyway, 40 were perfect.  The brass wasn't as shiney as new in box Federal, but it was clean, no tarnish.

38 had very small spots that were tarnished. By small I mean about the size of a .177 BB, some a little bigger, some a little smaller.  I wiped them down with a shop cloth, and they looked much better.  The cases feel solid, and when I tapped the tarnished spots with another cartridge, they "sounded" OK, so I think they are OK to shoot.

12 (all from one box) had what looks like red paint on one side, and some tarnished spots that run almost the length of the cartridge.  I don't know what the red is.  This box had been torn when I got it.  I am going to show those to a friend who knows a lot about reloading, and see if he knows what is the deal with these.

So far I am satisfied.  Since this is only blasting ammo, I am not too concerned with the accuaracy.  For .10 cents per round, I won't complain about it.  

Good luck!

Brad
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top