Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2002 7:34:28 AM EDT
I know this ammo is not .223 related, but I want some answers/opinions from those who may know a thing or two about ammo.  In the latest Sportsmansguide "Shooters" catalog, they list a new Wolf ammo for .380.  Instead of the case being laquered, this case is "varnished".  How do the two compare?  Good/Bad??  It's pretty inexpensive at $4.97/50 rounds.  TIA.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I assume that "varnished" really means "laquered." It looks just like the stuff I have. I have used Wolf and Silver Bear .380 ammo in a Walther PPK/S and had no problems that I can recall. YMMV.

Dave
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 2:12:47 PM EDT
[#2]
In the photo it shows, the "varnish" is not green like the laquer on it's .223 rounds, but appears more gold or tan.  I've not shot Silver Bear so I don't know what the laquer looks like.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 4:01:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
In the photo it shows, the "varnish" is not green like the laquer on it's .223 rounds, but appears more gold or tan.  I've not shot Silver Bear so I don't know what the laquer looks like.

sounds like copperwashed? i believe thats the term for it. ammo
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 4:34:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Its good plinking ammo but that is about it.  Some guys really like the stuff and get great accuracy with it.  When we sell it, I make no claim above "plinking ammo"

Never had a complaint about it not working.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top