Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2002 1:42:37 PM EDT
The UMC Ammo for .223 usually sold at Wal-Mart is certainly cheap enough.  Has anyone had problems with it?  It's  Remington ammo made in a plant in Arkansas but I don't know how it's performed for others.  Has anyone reloaded the brass?
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 3:56:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Q3131[A] is cheaper around here so I don't shoot much of the UMC but I have tried it.  Functioned fine, shot to about 2 MOA, just like the Fed. AE and the Win USA.  No chrony so I don't know how it compares for velocity, but I assume it's a little slower than the M193.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 3:58:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Its just plain Remington cases with a 55gr slug.
I have used a few boxes years ago, no problem in a 20" barrel.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Good ammo. I buy a lot of it at Wally Mart in Oregon so I don't have to fly up with ammo as well as ARs ;-)

On my 20" Match Target HBarII upper (postban) it's quite nice. That rifle, when scoped, and a good shot behind the wheel, ;-) does <1MOA trios with the Remington ammo. I'd go for 5 shot groups but the gun's better than the shooter ;-)

Bill Wiese
San Jose, CA
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 12:08:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top