Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2002 4:37:25 PM EDT
 Bought a case of the "untarnished" ammo a while back and plinked some with it, but never really benched for accuracy. Function was perfect. I see they still have it at $144 per case , cheaper than anything else, may order some more before they stop free shipping tomorrow night.  Any recent experiences receiving this from them as to condition of ammo, accuracy/function etc. appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 9:12:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Where did you buy this ammo from? I never knew Centry arms has a website (if thats where u found the recent price..)

A phone number of them would be appritiated
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 3:45:04 AM EDT
[#2]
www.centuryarms.com/store

1161 Holland Dr.
Boca Raton, FL 33487

(561) 998-1997 or 1-800-527-1252

Link Posted: 8/30/2002 5:47:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for posting the web info on Century.  It is quite a good deal, 1440 rds for $144.  The case I bought a few months back came with the plastic battle packs slit open, all ammo was 90 dated and looked new, bright brass cases, annealed necks, looks just like Lake City.  I think they opened the packs to check condition of ammo, they were selling some "tarnished" cases for $115 but that is no longer listed. Just wondering what current stock looks like if anyone has bought some in last couple of weeks, and/or if anyone has benched this for accuracy.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 6:59:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Warning:

Many people report getting HEAVILY tarnished ammo when they specifically ask for the untarnished stuff.  Be careful.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 7:26:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I have bought 3 cases of the UNTARNISHED Guat ammo from Century.  The first case in May and it looked pretty good only a few rounds with slight tarnish.  I have shot some with zero failures.  The 2 cases I ordered last month shipped on two days apart.  The first case I opened had ALOT of tarnish.  The cases were completely covered, even the headstamps were unreadble.  Remember I ordered and paid for the untarnished ammo.  I called them to complain and they said to send it back and I would be credited the amount minus the 15% restock fee.  SAY WHAT.  I was pissed.  So I simply refused the next case two days later and received the full credit.  

Be very careful,  you may order and pay for untarnished and get something that was found on the Titanic.  Plus pay a restock fee if you want to send it back. All for something that you didn't order.
PS I will never order form the again.

SugarD
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I ordered a case, and go the right thing.  No problems here.

It shoots, but not very accurately.  It functions fine though.  YMMV

I was doing well to get 4 MOA groups with it.

Not very good, even for plinking.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top