Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2021 2:39:13 PM EDT
I'm currently finishing up buying parts for my AR9 pistol.   Originally, the Odin works AR 15 O2 M-Lok forend 9.5" caught my eye.  Unfortunately I can't find them anywheres...  But after a little searching i found the Odin Works AR 15 O2 Lite M-lok forend 9.5".  After looking at some builds with it, it really started to grow on me and I am considering it.  Does anyone have any negative experiences with the lite version of that rail?

I will be pairing it with a Spartan 9mm Side charging upper w/ LRBHO.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#1]
All of Odin's handguards are essentially the same other than M-lok vs Keymod, picatinny in locations and the preference of machining detail. I have one of their older 15.5" handguards with screw holes for picatinny segments and no M-lok or Keymod that is now discontinued. I really like it. Ya just install the barrel nut, there's a bit of indexing and simply slide on the handguard (screw it down).

In my instance I could not get my barrel nut to index properly. To solve this issue I bought a lapping tool. I lapped the upper receiver and then it allowed the barrel nut to index. Others may have used shims, but I don't regret purchasing the lapping tool. I have since lapped every one of my other ARs.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top