Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2017 8:49:06 PM EDT
I finally broke down and bought the Glock mag entry level PCC from PSA about 4-5 months ago. I chose it based on price. I'm not a competitive shooter and don't know if I will even like this, so for me it was a good choice.

Cleaned & lubed I got to the range twice and both times had an out of battery discharge. After the first it was absolutely scrubbed clean and over lubed. It was a gun problem. I made a post on Facebook and was contacted privately by a PSA rep. It is a known problem with a batch of barrels having short chambers. They provided a shipping label and off it went. Took almost 2 months to get it back, but they kept in good contact with good update  information. Longer than originally told, but again we were in constant contact so not a huge deal to me.

I finally got back to the range and tested with a cheapie red dot. Every round was fine. No hiccups whatsoever. So I mounted one of my 1x4X "tactical scopes" for some testing. Shooting at 25 yards I was pleasantly surprised by the 1" groups with 115, 124 & 147gr loads until I shot the MagTech 115gr RN that I got a case of and got one HOLE groups. :D Luckily my new Ruger SR1911 9mm likes this round too. Now I just have to find some 9mm HPs that will shoot this good in both and I will be in High Cotton! In the end I am extremely happy with my new PCC.

I would have preferred no problem to start with but PSA were extremely helpful in getting it fixed and communication was 1st rate. I look forward to getting back out and shooting more offhand to get better at it. I may just like this PCC thing.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:02:33 PM EDT
[#1]
So was the headspace off which caused the brass to be unsupported and ruptered when fired?

I ask cuz i got mine about the same time frame and havent had any issues yet. I havent shot any serious hot loads except for some steel cased ammo which some chrono'd at over 1900fps! Avg was around 1750.

My upper is the middy length with A2 handguard and FSB and nitride barrel.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:01:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine did the same thing.  Sent it in and got it back a week later with a letter saying they replaced the fire control group.  Haven't had a problem out of it sense.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:15:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Good to hear PSA stands behind their stuff. Take care of your custormers and they'll come back. I have a pistol built on a PSA glock lower and I've very pleased with it. I've made many other purchases from them and sometimes there shipping is a little slow, but overall they do a good job. Glad to hear they took care of you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:15:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good to hear PSA stands behind their stuff. Take care of your custormers and they'll come back. I have a pistol built on a PSA glock lower and I've very pleased with it. I've made many other purchases from them and sometimes there shipping is a little slow, but overall they do a good job. Glad to hear they took care of you.
View Quote
I'm in the same boat - PSA Billet GLock lower stripped and complete 12 in upper from PSA.  Mish-mash of extra lower parts/pistol tube and it's running great. Have not tested past 25 yards or other than hand held.  I agree on the slow shipping sometimes, but I guess they're awash in orders as everything that comes up on the daily deal is usually out of stock a day later.

So far I have not had any issues with my PSA forged stripped 556 lower and Freedom upper combo or the PSA glock mag lower/upper combo that required me to find out about their customer service.  

Thanks for posting the good report.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top